I'm doomed to fail at my New Year's resolutions, but still I think about setting goals for how I would like to change my habits in the next 12 months. So here are some of my thoughts from earlier this month.
- Fall more in love with Jesus. When I read this over now, it sounds like an empty, Christianese phrase. What I mean is this: "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Pray and do acts of kindness. I want to put feet and hands on my prayers. I want to do things that make a difference --- even if they're small, even if it matters to only one person.
- Play more golf. Especially now that Ken is healthier. I may never be much better than I am now, but it's still fun.
- Read books. I'm starting the year with a couple of Hemingways: "A Moveable Feast" and "The Sun Also Rises." Because Paris is still so fresh in my mind.
- Write real handwritten letters; I'm shooting for one a week.
- Make a pie crust from scratch. Because I like a challenge.
- January has been a mess, what with minor health hiccups and adapting (still!) to schedule changes that started in the fall. I need to get back to Jazzercise on a regular basis.