From Cooking Light, October 2008. The whipped cream topping is optional.
3 medium lemons
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated pie dough
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Grate 1/2 cup rind from lemons. Remove white pithy part of rind; discard. Chop lemons; discard seeds. Combine rind, chopped lemon and granulated sugar in a large bowl; toss well. Cover and let stand at room temperature 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Roll dough into an 11-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under and flute. Add flour, salt and eggs to lemon mixture, stirring with a whisk until combined. Pour lemon mixture into crust. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Shield edges of piecrust with foil; bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Combine cream and powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Makes 12 servings.